Terms & Conditions
The information (“Information”) accessible by you (“Visitor”) using the website.
2. GENERAL The Services enable Students to connect to recorded instruction, tutoring, and the courses. the services include, without limitation, facilitating and delivering Courses and supporting materials.
Your continued use of the service after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. You should visit the services regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest version of the Terms, as any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Finlig may modify the services or discontinue their availability at any time.
You are solely responsible for all service, telephony, data charges and/or other fees and costs associated with your access to and use of the services, as well as for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, and other equipment required for such access and use.
If your payment method fails or your account is past due, then We may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. this may include charging other payment methods on file with Us and/or retaining collection agencies and legal counsel. we may also block your access to any of The services pending resolution of any amounts due by You FINLIG.
All of your use, access and other activities relating to the services must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitations, laws relating to copyright and other intellectual property use, and to privacy and personal identity. further, access to our services from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Nigeria or the country in which You reside. you must agree to abide by all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
3. MEMBERSHIP Your FINLIG membership is annually and will continue until terminate. Unless you cancel your membership before your payment date, you authorize us to charge your membership fee to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation 5.3” below). To use the FINLIG service you must have Internet access and a compatible device, and you must provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time (“Payment Method) In relation to per course and/or lifetime memberships or any other form of access excluding subscription membership FINLIG reserves the right to terminate membership without refund if your Account is inactive for a continuous period of 60 days or more at any stage subsequent to purchase. Should the user wish to reactivate the lifetime membership they may do so at the rates available at that future time. Activity and inactivity is defined based by a users’ log in to either desktop or mobile services determined by FINLIG
In relation to family/friend accounts a parent account, which is defined as the provider of the family subscription, will have administrative authority to add and remove members from the account. In the event of a parent account cancellation, all child accounts will be also cancelled. A child account will be defined as accounted added to a family by a parent account. It is not possible for a child’s account to remove a parent account.
4. BILLING Billing Cycle. The membership fee for our service will be billed on a on a recurring basis in accordance with your membership plan. You will be billed to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paid membership. In some cases, the timing of your billing may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paying membership began on a day not contained in a given month.
5. INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY FINLIG is product of Pitxh Forth Solutions and has its registered office located at Tina Johnson close, okun-ajah, Lagos, Nigeria.
Access privileges may not be transferred to any third-parties;
It will not access, store, distribute or transmit any Viruses;
It will comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to use of the Services;
It will not rent, lease, sublicense, re-sell, distribute, transfer, copy or modify the Services or any component thereof;
It will not translate, decompile, or create or attempt to create, by reverse engineering or otherwise, the source code from the object code made available hereunder;
It will not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit the Services or any portion thereof;
It will not delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website or contained in the Services;
It is solely responsible for acquiring, installing, operating and maintaining the hardware and software environment, network connections, and telecommunication links, necessary to access and use the Services; It will not use the Services in any manner, or in connection with any content, data, hardware, software or other materials that infringes upon or violates any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property right of any third party, or that constitutes a defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, or violation of any right of publicity or other third party right, or that is threatening, harassing or malicious.
7. AVAILABILITY OF WEBSITE Subscriber recognizes that the traffic of data through the Internet may cause delays during the streaming and download of information from the Website and accordingly, it shall not hold the Company liable for delays that are ordinary in the course of Internet use. Subscriber further acknowledges and accepts that the Website will not be available on a continual twenty-four-hour basis due to such delays, or delays caused by the Company’s upgrading, modification, or standard maintenance of the Website.
8. THIRD PARTY LINKS OR INFORMATION This Website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by or related to Company. Company is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such third-party websites, and does not investigate, monitor, or check these websites for accuracy or completeness. The inclusion of any linked website on this Website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Company. A Subscriber that leaves this Website to access these third-party sites does so at its own risk.
9. DISCLAIMERS OF STATEMENTS/WARRANTIES SUBSCRIBER’S USE OF THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT ITS OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY STATEMENTS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH COMPANY MAKES ANY STATEMENT, WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH COMPANY PROMISES THAT THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET SUBSCRIBER’S NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS, INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY COMPANY OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
11. INDEMNITY Subscriber agrees to compensate and defend fully Company, its officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, from and against any damages, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any third-party claim, action or demand arising out of any breach by Subscriber of any representation, warranty, covenant, obligation or duty of Subscriber under this Agreement.
12. SURVIVAL All provisions relating to proprietary rights, payment of fees, confidentiality, disclaimer of warranty, indemnification, and limitation of liability, shall survive the expiration or earlier termination of these Terms of Service.
FINLIG WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
FINLIG is a product of PITXH FORTH SOLUTIONS services, including (without limitation) our website and other interactive properties through which the services are delivered (collectively, the “Service”) are owned, operated and distributed by FINLIG (referred to in this Privacy Statement as “FINLIG” or “we” and through similar words such as “us,” “our,” etc.).
FINLIG is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. Our website Privacy Statement sets out what information we collect, how we collect it, what we do with it and how we protect this information. Any personal information is collected and processed in accordance with the data protection laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate (e.g. Nigeria and other countries).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate. The categories of personal information that FINLIG Academy may collect in the course of our relationship with you is described below.
Information you provide to us: In order to facilitate the provision of education, we collect personal details from you together with information we learn about you from your use of our website. These details may include (where applicable)
• Name and contact information (e.g., address, telephone number, e-mail);
• Billing information (e.g. credit/debit card, other payment details, billing contact information)
• Account information (e.g. personal goals, account profile);
• Information contained in posts you may make on the public forums and interactive features of the Service;
• Other information that may be exchanged in the course of engaging with the Service. You will be aware of any subsequently collected information because it will come directly from you.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as smart TVs, gaming systems and mobile devices). This information includes:
• your activity on the Service, such as course selections and attendance/watch history;
• your interactions with our email, webinar chat, push and text messaging;
• details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
• IP address, device IDs, or other unique identifiers;
• advertising identifiers, such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
• device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
To provide location-based services we may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations. This location data is collected anonymously, unless you provide consent. You may withdraw consent to FINLIG and our partners’ collection, use, transmission, processing and maintenance of location and account data at any time by not using the location-based features and turning off the Location Services settings (as applicable) on your device and computer.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement, FINLIG uses the above described categories of personal information in several ways. Unless otherwise stated specifically, the above information may be used for any of the following purposes:
• to administer the Service to you;
• to respond to your requests;
• to distribute communications relevant to your use of the Service, such as system updates, customer surveys, or information about your use of the Service;
• as may be necessary to support the operation of the Service, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes;
• to send to you FINLIG solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these marketing materials);
• to enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts (e.g. statistical and marketing analysis)
• in other manners after subsequent notice is provided to you and/or your consent is obtained, if necessary.
SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of student information.
We may disclose any of the described categories of personal information to FINLIG employees, consultants, affiliates or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf in order to provide the Service to you. These disclosures may include trusted contracted companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. In such circumstances, we require that these parties agree to protect the confidentiality of such information consistent with the terms of this Privacy Statement by executing transfer agreements with all entities to which we transfer data for processing. The agreements provide for specific and limited processing of user data in service of FINLIG’s operations and have been prepared so as to meet the requirements of the jurisdictions in which we operate (including the US and EU).
Where permitted by law, we may also pass your information (including relating to the stages of your training) to third parties with whom we have a contractual or other close relationship and where we believe they offer products or services that may enhance the training we provide to you, your ability to practice or gain additional skills or their offering may otherwise be of interest to you.
In addition, we may release personal information
• to the extent we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable law;
• when disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of the Service, or to protect any user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws;
• to respond to a court order, government inquiry, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law; or
• in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
FINLIG STUDENT/MEMBERS AREA
All data collected upon registration in FINLIG will be processed in line with this Privacy Statement. In your personal FINLIG student area we store all your course information, so that you can access it whenever you wish.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, children under 16 will not be permitted to open a FINLIG. We will take reasonable steps to delete any FINLIG account or information created by a child under 16, as soon as we learn about it.
All payment details are transmitted over a secure connection (Secure Socket Layer-SSL) across dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching-MPLS) and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
You will have the option to stay signed-in into your FINLIG account by checking the “remember me” box. This option will only apply to the computer / device and the browser that you’re using when you select the box. If you do not wish to stay signed on a particular browser, simply sign out of your FINLIG account on that browser.
You may delete your FINLIG account by contacting FINLIG support here (Please see your Rights Section for more details).
Finally, we may invite you to post content on the Service, including your comments and any other information that you would like to be available on the Service, which may become public (“User Generated Content”). If you post User Generated Content, all of the information that you post will be available to authorized personnel of FINLIG and may be made publicly available. You expressly acknowledge and agree that we may access in real-time, record and store archives of any User Generated Content on our servers to make use of them in connection with the Service. If you submit a review, recommendation, endorsement, or other User Generated Content through the Service, or through other websites including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Yelp, and other similar channels, we may share that review, recommendation, endorsement or content publicly on the Service.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIAL
From time to time we, our selected partners or those with whom we have a contractual relationship may contact you with information regarding course promotions and ancillary products via channels including but not limited to email, voice, text, push notifications, internet-based ads and otherwise as the company sees fit. However, you will be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we or our trusted partners send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our or their direct marketing material.
YOUR CHOICES REGADING DIRECT MARKETING
Email and Text Messages: If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your student account transactions or course lesson reminders or information directly relating to your course.
Push Notifications: You can choose to receive mobile push notifications from FINLIG. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
Interest-Based Ads: Interest-based ads are online ads that are tailored to your likely interests based on your use of various apps and websites across the Internet. If you are using a browser, then cookies and web beacons can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device that includes an advertising identifier, then that identifier can be used to help determine your likely interests. For your choices about interest-based ads from FINLIG, please see the “Cookies” section (below).
SITE TRACKING AND COOKIES
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You hereby acknowledge and agree that FINLIG is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, or the content of such third-party sites, and you hereby release FINLIG from any and all claims arising out of or related to the privacy practices, data collection policies and procedures, and/or the content of such third-party sites
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
INFORMATION SECURITY AND USER RESPONSIBILITY
We take great care to ensure the security of our website. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Users of the Service are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Service. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any of the Service, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
If you are located outside the US, in particular if you are located in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please note that FINLIG is an international organization, and any information that you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the US or other countries around the world where we do business. Although this may include recipients of information located in countries where there may be a lower level of legal protection for your personal data than in your country, we will protect your information in accordance with requirements applicable to the law in your particular jurisdiction and take steps to only share with third parties that offer similar protection. By using our Service, you unambiguously consent to your information being collected, processed, used, and transferred as disclosed herein.
EUROPEAN UNION DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are located in EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) may grant you certain rights under the law. In particular, the right to access, correct, and delete the personal information we hold about you. FINLIG will retain your personal information for the length of time you engage with our services as described in the retention section of this Statement, unless you request deletion of such personal data.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or delete the personal information we have on you.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your personal information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the personal information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You can most easily exercise your privacy right do this by visiting the “account” section within your Members Area, where you have the ability to access and update your contact information. You must be signed in to access the “account” section. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our data protection officer/privacy office at email@example.com. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please also see the “your choices” section of this privacy statement for additional choices regarding your information.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are handling your personal information, we hope that you contact us as described in this Statement in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the EU data protection authorities (each a “DPA”). The following link may assist you in finding the appropriate DPA: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING UNDER GDPR
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it. We will normally collect personal information from you where
• we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide our services to you);
• where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, our direct marketing activities in accordance with your preferences);
• where we have your consent to do so (for example, for you to participate in certain consumer insights activities like specific surveys and focus groups); or
• where we have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity).
Where personal information is processed based on consent, EU residents have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. To do so, please contact us as described in this Statement. If there is a different legal basis that would permit us to continue processing your personal information after withdrawing consent, we will notify you of that legal basis at the time of your request. For questions about our use of your personal information (including legal bases and transfer mechanisms we rely on), cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETENTION OF DATA
FINLIG will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Statement. We will retain and use personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 16, and FINLIG does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 16.
OUR REGISTERED ADDRESS IS:
PITXH FORTH SOLUTIONS
2 Tina Johnscon close,
CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time and any changes to the statement will be posted on this page.
FINLIG WEBSITE COOKIES